Food Safety level 2 is designed for nurseries and childcare settings to develop and understanding of how to prepare and store food safely.
During this course you will cover:
- Understand the basic definitions concerning food safety
- Understand the different types of hazards
- Understand the danger zone
- Recognise high risk and safe food
- Recognise spoiled or contaminated food, including that being delivered
- Recognise the symptoms of food poisoning
- Understand bacteria and how to protect food from them
- Understand food hygiene and keeping the workplace clear
- Understand best practise for food storage and preparation
Duration: 3 hours (including breaks)
Audience: Any staff involved in food preparation or serving
Assessment: The course will be assessed by a short multichoice questionnaire
Pre-Requisites: No previous experience is required for this course, but learners must be over the age of 16.