This health & safety course has been specially designed for childcare settings. The lectures included in it will cover topics such as: practitioners’ safety at work, the safety of the children in their care, and the safety of visitors to your childcare premises. The eight essential learning modules will teach you about common health and safety threats, health and safety procedures and policies, what to do in case of an accident, and how to behave to minimise risk.
- Understand the basics of Health & Safety
- Know essential things about Childcare Health & Safety law
- Understand accident classification & reporting
- Know types of risk and how to prepare a risk assessment
- Know nursery environment hazards
- Know play & play equipment hazards
- Know manual handling in childcare settings
- Understand infection prevention & control.
Our course will provide you with an in-depth understanding of a range of threats to the health & safety of childcare workers and young children and babies in your care. During the course, you will understand and find out how to prepare a basic risk assessment and how to minimise the threat to the safety of practitioners and children.