This short course will help practitioners understand children’s behaviour that is challenging. It will discuss what causes challenging behaviour and looks at why children may defy. The course offers suggestions on ways to manage challenging behaviour within settings.
- Challenging behaviour
- Identify challenging behaviour
- Understand and explain the different triggers for challenging behaviour
- Understand and explain the different forms of challenging behaviour
- Understand and explain why toddlers challenge behaviour
- Understand and explain why pre schoolers defy
2. Engagement strategies for challenging behaviour
- Understand and explain the best engagement strategies for challenging behaviour
- Understand and explain ways of motivating positive behaviour
- Understand and explain and how to help children management their anger
- Understand and explain how to encourage positive behaviour
3. Behaviour management plans
- Understand and explain what behaviour management plans entail
- Understand and explain how to implement behaviour management plan
There is no previous experience required for this course, but learners must be over the age of 14.
You must have a good understanding of basic English and basic IT skills to navigate the online module.
The course will be assessed by a short multichoice questionnaire at the end of the online module in order to assess your knowledge and understanding.
This course will qualify you in Behaviour Management valid for 2 years
This course can be a qualification towards careers in:
- Nursery nurse
- Child practitioner
- Youth work
‘A helpful course for me to help deal with children’ – Harry
‘A good course for staff’ – Paula
‘Enjoyable eLearning session with plenty of ideas’ – Joanna