This course is designed for practitioners to understand challenging behaviour and why it may occur. It looks at how behaviour can be managed within a child care setting and how to promote positive behaviour.
- What is challenging behaviour?
- What are the different triggers for challenging behaviour?
- What are the best engagement strategies?
- Different forms of challenging behaviour
- Motivating positive behaviour
- Behaviour management plans
- Understand why toddlers challenge behaviour
- Understand why pre schoolers defy
- Understand how to help children manage their anger
- Understand how to encourage positive behaviour
Course duration: 3 hours
Audience: This course is aimed at anyone working with babies under the age of one such as early years practitioners, nursery staff, childminders, and care workers. This course is also suitable for parents looking to understand the baby’s development.
Assessment: The course will be assessed by a short multichoice questionnaire
Pre-Requisites: No previous experience is required for this course, but learners must be over the age of 14.