This course is a level 2 in health and safety, designed to give staff and management a basic understanding of how to manage health and safety in the workplace. It explains the importance of meeting legislation and how to write and review risk assessments. The course also gives a brief overview of first aid and fire safety.
1. Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety legislation
- Outline the requirements for training and competence in the workplace
- Outline the ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
2. Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- Define the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
- Outline the process for carrying out a risk assessment
- Describe how risk assessment can be used to reduce accidents and ill health at work
3. Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards
- Describe the hazards that may be found in a range of workplaces
- Describe how hazards can cause harm or damage to people, work processes, the workplace and the environment
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy
- List examples of risk controls for common workplace hazards
4. Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace
- State the common causes of workplace accidents and ill-health
- Identify the actions that might need to be taken following an incident in the workplace
- List the arrangements that should be in place in a workplace for emergencies and first aid
- Outline why it is important to record all incidents, accidents and ill health
There is no previous experience required for this course, but learners must be over the age of 14.
You must have a good understanding of basic English and basic IT skills to navigate the online module.
The course will be assessed by a short multichoice questionnaire at the end of the online module in order to assess your knowledge and understanding.
This course will qualify you in Health and safety level 2 valid for 2 years.
Other courses commonly completed with this course include:
- Behaviour Management
- Safeguarding level 3
- Emergency first aid at work (adults)
- Early years Foundation Stage Framework
- First safety
This course can be a qualification towards careers in:
- Nursery nurse
- Child practitioner
- Youth work
- Warehouse work
‘An interactive and interesting take on health and safety’ Leon
‘CPD at its best’ Karen
‘By far the best health and safety course I’ve done, simple and easy to understand’ Jack