The course will help practitioners gain an understanding of working with children who have additional needs. It will help you gain an understanding of recognising differences in children and how to act in a way to support them in their education. It is suitable for anyone working with children from birth to 18.
1. The laws and Legislation regarding special education needs
- A history of Special Education Needs
- 1.2 Government guidelines 2001
- Case for change and vision
- Government guidelines 2014
- What the reforms cover
2. The implementation of support
- Implementation timeline and support available
- What the reforms mean for children, young delivery partners
- Policy in detail
- New requirement for LAs, health and care services to commission services jointly for SEN and disability;
3. Gain an understanding of EHCP
- More streamlined assessment process, co-ordinated across education, health and care;
- New 0-25 Education, Health and Care Plans for those with more complex needs;
- New statutory protections for young people aged 16-25 in FE
- The option of a personal budget for families and young people with an EHC plan.
There is no previous experience required for this course, but learners must be over the age of 14.
You must have a good understanding of basic English and basic IT skills to navigate the online module.
The course will be assessed by a short multichoice questionnaire at the end of the online module in order to assess your knowledge and understanding.
This course will qualify you for a Level 2 in Special Education needs valid for 2 years
Other courses commonly completed with this course include:
- Paediatric first aid at work
- Food safety level 2
- Emergency first aid at work (adults)
- Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
This course can be a qualification towards careers in:
- Child practitioner
- Youth work
- Sports coach
Thank you, this covered lots’ Karen
‘Answered a lot of questions I had’ Nicki
‘I think it was good’ Nizzlja