The course will help practitioners understand the laws and legislation surrounding child protection and safeguarding.
- Understand the definitions of keywords within safeguarding
- Explain the legal bodies involved in safeguarding
- Explain what is being ‘child focused’
- Understand the types of harm and how to recognise them
- Understand the action to take if you suspect a child is at risk
- Recognise vulnerable children
- Understand the rules regarding GDPR
- Understand whistleblowing
Duration: 3 hours (including breaks)
Audience: This course is aimed at anyone working with babies under the age of one such as early years practitioners, nursery staff, childminders and care workers.
Assessment: The course will be assessed by a short multichoice questionnaire
Pre-Requisites: No previous experience is required for this course, but learners must be over the age of 14.