The course will help practitioners understand how they can provide first aid to babies and children within a childcare setting.
- The aims of first aid
- The responsibilities of a first aider
- Contents of a first aid kit
- Reporting incidents
- The primary and secondary survey
- Dealing with and unconscious casualty
- Using an AED
- Severe Bleeds
- Minor wounds including nose bleeds, splinters, bites and stings, foreign objects in the eye, foreign objects in the ear, head injuries)
- Burns and scalds including electric shock
- Fractures, sprains and strains and spinal injuries
- Temperatures and febrile convulsions
- Medical emergencies including asthma, hypoglycaemia, anaphylaxis, epilepsy and meningitis
Duration: 12 hours (including breaks)
- Online Module: £30/pp
- Practical Module: £45/pp
Audience: This course is aimed at anyone working with babies under the age of one such as early years practitioners, nursery staff, childminders and care workers.
Assessment: The course will be assessed by a short multichoice questionnaire and a practical assessment.
Pre-Requisites: No previous experience is required for this course, but learners must be over the age of 14.