The course will cover
- Revisions to educational programmes
- Revisions to the 17 Early Learning Goals including
- Communication and Language and the focus on adult-child interactions and referring to tenses.
- Mathematics with greater clarity to counting and comparing quantities in the Numerical Patterns.
- Understanding the World with a change in relation to the Past and Present ELG to further clarify the expectation of children understanding the concept of ‘past’.
- Expressive Arts and Design and the reference to a greater variety of use of tools, materials and techniques that children will need to demonstrate for the Creating with Materials.
- Proposed changes to the assessment and moderation process
- Strengthening literacy and numeracy skills
- The additional information required on self-care and healthy eating.
- Strengthening the link between gross and fine motor skills with a greater focus on development from birth to reception
- Literacy will include a stronger emphasis on pre-reception literacy learning
- Focusing on the link between language comprehension
- Providing greater detail on importance of shapes, spatial reasoning and measurement
- How to give wider experiences for children for Understanding the world
- Encouraging creative skills will include a wider variety of ways children can develop their creative skills.
- Review on the handbook to ensure that it is clear on how practitioners should complete the Profile for children with SEND, EAL and who are summer-born, including signposting to additional advice and support where appropriate.
- The revised version of Development Matters
- The new Birth to 5 Matters guidance
The course will reflect how to meet and grade the criteria within the setting.
Duration 6 hours